What is Natural Medicine?
A Naturopath is a health practitioner who applies natural therapies. It includes approved natural healing practices such as Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine, Nutritional education and guidance, lifestyle changes if necessary. At a time when modern technology, environmental pollution, poor diet, and stress play a significant role in the degradation of health, a Naturopath’s ability to apply natural methods of healing is of considerable importance.
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing
process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific methods.
The following principles are the foundation of naturopathic medical practice:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae):Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopath’s act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam):The naturopath seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopath’s follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere):Naturopath’s educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person:Naturopath’s treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and spiritual.
- Prevention:Naturopath’s emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
What do I expect in my First Consultation?
- The Initial Consultation will last up to one and half hours.
- During this time I will ask you many questions. Asking questions about all your body systems and your medical history.
- I will use Iridology to gather more information. I will use laboratory testing if I need more information. I am gaining as much information as possible so that I can best serve you.
- Once I have gathered all this information I am able to choose a path to wellness suitable especially for you.
- After the Initial Consultation I will follow up with you to see how you are. Follow up Consultations will last half an hour.
Summary: Natural Medicine or Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities: clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing, nutritional medicine, dietary advice, herbal medicine, counselling, homeopathy, flower essence to bring about healing changes to the body.
I am looking forward to meeting you and to be able to assist you on your journey to gaining better health and wellbeing.
If you have any queries or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me.
For more information go to https://www.naturalmedicineatserenityontheterrace.com
Naturopath, Herbal Medicine Practitioner,
Natural Medicine @Serenity on the Terrace
Treat your Soul with Healing Hands
4 A 106 Mandurah Terrace